unting at night has been only a dream to hunters a decade before. They had different instruments to use in hunting. But all of those were for day-light uses. Seeing clearly for a distance at night was just impossible. But you are lucky enough that now it’s not impossible anymore. You can see and even hunt at night with minimal worries. Just need to have a night vision scope along with all other hunting equipment. You can get the best night vision scope at the market with different modern features that will give you the ultimate experience. But shopping of a night vision scope may seem difficult to you because it is full of technical features and quite expensive also.
So, you need to know about night vision scope before going to market. We thought to help you in this case and reviewed some good night vision scopes so that you can make an educated decision. But which one is the best depends entirely on your requirements. So you can follow our research result and choose the best night vision scope for you.
Best Night Vision Scopes for 2020 – Detailed Reviews
ATN Thor is one of the premium night vision scope in the market nowadays. ATN Thor HD 384 has the magnification level of 9-36x scope and is controlled by a thermal sensor. This scope can detect up to 2000 yards at night and eye-relief of 65mm. It will record a clear and sharp video in any light conditions. It has a number of extra features such as GPS with geotagging, wireless connectivity etc. The scope is lightweight and durable.The disadvantages of this scope is that recording is not full HD and audio quality isn’t that much good.
- Great magnification range
- Detection range is 2000 yards
- Excellent battery life
- Lightweight and durable
- Recording is not full HD
- Audio quality isn’t so good
This scope is one of the most expensive one of our list. There is a resolution thermal sensor of 640×480 pixel. The objective lens is of Germanium. This scope is expensive because it is hard to work on Germanium. It has the detection level up to 2000 yards. The scope is also rich with proper magnification. It performs fabulously at pitch black conditions. It has 13 reticles. The buttons are on top and you can control it easily. There is a battery that will work at least 6-8 hours. As a whole, you merely find a better one than this. But yes, you have to pay a lot for this master-piece.
- Thermal sensor of 640×480 pixel
- The objective lens is of Germanium
- Detection level up to 2000 yards
- Long-lasting battery
- Much expensive
This scope has almost all the features you can expect. It has different fields of view with the change of magnification. This is the most lightweight night vision scope we have ever seen. An ultra-fast processor is attached with the 4K sensor. So the scope is riched with a high-performance battery that will work at least 18 hours. This scope performs well in day-light but not much at night.In a pitch-black night, you won’t see beyond 150-200 yards. Day-time videos can go up to 120 fps and at night time, up to 30/60 fps. This is rare for a under $1000 scope. This scope is completely weatherproof and has a 2-Years warranty. As a whole, this is one of the best night vision scope with great value with the price with tons of additional accessories.
- Two X-Sight models
- Ultra-fast processor
- 2-Years warranty
- Less-effective at night time
Photon scope is a budget-friendly scope in the market. People who don’t want a scope with tons of features and prefer a scope with decent price and necessary features can try this one. Its IR illuminator can help to determine targets at around 200 yards at night. It’s display is bright and crisp and may be disadvantageous for your battery life. This has a 4 AA battery but you can add one additionally. It has high resolution 768×576 cmos sensor and . This is ultra-lightweight and durable also. It has the focus and diopter adjustment rings and the lens cap upfront. According to the price, this is affordable.
- Decent price and necessary features
- Detection level up to 200-250 yards
- Additional accessories
- 6 reticle options with 4 colors
- Battery is not very supportive
This is one of the oldest night vision rifle scopes. Magnification range of it is 2.5X. The night vision scope can be activated by a remote control. This scope is titanium-made. That’s why this model will last longer and extremely durable.The lenses are multi-coated. So you will get a light better and you can see the images with greater clarity. You will enjoy a better vision during the night because of the infrared illuminator and get awesome images. You can adjust the brightness spontaneously as you need. This is easy to mount. All these features are complementing the scope. But the matter of thought here is its price range. This is quietly expensive.
- Magnification level of 2.5X
- Made of titanium
- Last longer and extremely durable
- Infrared illuminator
- Quietly expensive
This model is for simple hunting like most Gen 1 Night Vision Rifle Scopes. The FF16001 3x 42mm Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope is made of titanium that makes it durable. It has the capacity of seeing target 3x larger. This will allow you to see clear and vivid images. You will also get a wide field of view due to multi-coated optics. There is a spectrum of light due to the IR illuminator at night. This will provide high quality images. You can adjust the brightness for better viewing during the night. You can use this scope continuously and roughly because of its rugged structure. It has two batteries. So you can use it at night. This is one of them you can easily afford.
- Made of titanium
- Magnification range of 3x
- IR illuminator
- Ruggly structured
- Ground can be unstable
Night Arrow 4-2 Night Vision Sight is used for practice shooting or hunting.It has the magnification range of 3x. The brightness of this scope can be easily controlled and adjusted by a one-knob operation that makes the controlling system easier. This scope provides a great field of view. The scope has an illuminated reticle where you can change the red and green light during the night to target the prey. This scope is so compact and light. This is also element-resistant such as water, fog and shock. The battery of it can perform till 30 hours. This is much expensive. Disadvantage of it is poor performance in the morning.
- Magnification level of 3x
- Greater field of view
- Quite compact and light
- Poor view in the morning
Bushnell Night Vision is from one of the most recognizable names in the industry, Bushnell. It has a magnification level of 4.5 that provides great quality images and also 40mm objective lens that provides a wide field of view. It has a long-life battery that is one of the main strengths. This scope also offers other functions such as image capture, video recording and daytime color. You can use a tripod with it also. This is also element-resistant such as water , fog and shock.
- Magnification level of 4.5
- Great quality images
- Long-life battery
Night Owl Night Vision Scope a high-resolution scope in the market. It can detect up to 100 to 200 yards. It has resolutions of 640×480 pixels that will allow you a clear and vivid view of your target at night. The scope is 100% weatherproof. So,if you’re worried about going on a trip or hunting tour during the rainy season, go for it with a night owl. Some night vision scopes can’t be used at day-time. You can use this scope at day-time also. It won’t be damaged. The battery this scope has is riched with great durability. According to other scopes, you can easily afford it. The use of .30 caliber with this scope is better .
- Detections range up to 100 to 200 yards.
- Resolutions of 640×480 pixels
- 100% weatherproof
- Battery with great durability
- Difficult to use at morning
#10 – Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar Trail has one of the most perfect base magnifications. This is also known as thermal imaging. You shouldn’t compare this one with the rest. This scope is highly recommended for its extreme detection range, up to 2000 yards. Do you believe? But it actually happens. It has an internal memory of 8 GB that will let you record continuously. The battery of the scope will perform up to 8 hours. It has 13 digital reticle options. Along with all these, this scope offers smooth imaging, thermal mapping and a great field of view. The scope is 100% element proof. The most satisfying feature of this scope is that It works perfectly in temperatures between -13 to 122 F.
- Detection range around 2000 yards.
- Internal memory of 8 GB
- 13 digital reticle options
- 100% element proof
#11 – Yukon NVRS Titanium
Yukon Scope is one of the affordable options for you. This scope is strong indeed because of the titanium body. This scope is different from others with some features- high quality performance,advanced optics, smooth design etc. It has 2.5x magnification a powerful lens of 50mm. This helps to get crystal clear images.This has a multi-coated optics and a brightened reticle that might destroy them. It provides a field of view. It has an infrared illuminator that can be activated easily that allows the hunter to look long distance at darkness. This is element proof. You won’t feel difficult to carry because of its light weight.
- High quality performance
- Advanced optics
- Smooth design
- Multi-coated optics
- Eyecup is not useful for right-handed people.
#12 – Barska 1-4X28 IR
Barska 1-4X28 IR can be used with various rifles such as Ruger 10/22 rifles, 7.62x 54r sniper rifle etc. It has a green and red reticle that helps to focus on the target both at day time and night time. It has a magnification level from 1X to 4X. The lens of this scope is light-protected and can use any weather conditions. It has illuminated Mil-Dot reticle. It also has external turrets and a durable one-piece cantilever mount. The lens of this scope is fully multi-coated and completely element proof. This has red and green dot reticles that help to detect prey both at day and night.
- Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle.
- Fully multi-coated optics.
- One-piece cantilever mount.
- External turrets.
- Eyecup is not useful
Things to consider before buying a night vision scope
- Quality: For a clear vision at night, you need to have a quality night vision scope either thermal or digital. You should research various night vision scopes and their features. Normally, Night Vision Scopes are expensive and full of technical features. So you may not want to spend your money on the rotten one. A quality night vision scope increases the chance of seeing the target clearly at night without eye-fatigue. There are many organizations like ours to test the quality of this particular product and publish the result. You can rely on them and find a quality one.
- Budget: Budget is a big factor to be considered in purchasing night vision scope as it is quite expensive. So you should search for the best option within your budget. You should first determine all the features you want in your night vision scope and go to the marketplace to match those with the most budget-friendly one. We are saying this because it’s not mandatory that the best one will be suitable for you. You just need to have one that meets all your expectations.
- Clarity: The clarity of night vision scopes is one of the most important features that should be considered. Because the quality of images you will get from the night vision scope depends on the clarity of the scope. This is normal that you won’t get a clear image like day-time. But Yes, a standard quality image you can get from a scope with greater clarity -level. So check out the clarity level of any night vision scope before getting one.
- Range: You must know from how far you will be able to see the target through your night vision scope. Normally people require a night vision scope that is able to provide images from 200 yards. You have to determine a range convenient to you and find a scope with that capability.
- Reticle: Reticles is another crucial feature to consider. Because it counts the bullet drop. There are various reticle types of scope. But BDC reticle is considered to be the best. Although night vision scopes with BDC reticles are not available much, you should check out the available with great efficiency and pick one of them.
- Battery type and Life: You should also think about the power and kind of battery. Because this is the battery that will let you use it for a long period of time. When you are thinking of going to a long-distance hunting place for a long time, you have to carry a scope with a powered battery. You may also purchase rechargeable batteries to get a hassle-free and happy hunting experience.
- Magnification: When we are talking about anything related to optics, magnification is a matter of discussion. Magnification refers to how many times you will be able to see the target than its original size. This is a crucial matter in focusing on an object especially at night. So, check the magnification range of your chosen scope before adding it in your cart.
- Day and night use: There are some scopes that work both at day and night. If you are a professional hunter, you may need scopes both at day and night. So, you can select a scope that works at both day and night instead of buying two separately. But Yes, the two-mode scope is quietly bulky in size and so weighted. But if you can compromise with the size, you will be benefited both financially and technically.
As a whole, which one is the best night vision scope totally depends on the user and his requirements. You may think that the most expensive and powerful scope can be your one. But you are absolutely wrong. Bigger is not always the thing you may need. So you should choose one with all those requirements you dreamt to have. We provide a proper description of such products. We think you will be helped so much with it and will be able to choose one that you actually can use.
Find out our other optical product reviews: