n hunting, equipment pieces should be advanced and latest, especially when you are thinking of getting a rangefinder. The rangefinder is one of the crucial pieces of hunting. You can’t be successful without an advanced technology rangefinder. So, you should pick the best rangefinder you can afford at your level best. When you are going to buy the best rangefinder, you have to spend a handsome amount of money in it. Besides, your hunting performance greatly depends on this. So you should know about the best rangefinders available in the market. Here we are providing a complete guideline for you to consider before going to buy a rangefinder. Please check out all the information and make a wise decision. Best of Luck!
Best Rangefinders for 2020 – Detailed Reviews
#1 – TecTecTec ProWild
TecTecTec ProWild is one of the coolest collections. It is popular for its portable and light-weight features. This has a reflective range of up to 540 yards. It has premium multi-layered optics and 6x magnification that provides crystal clear images. Carry Bag and Extra Battery are given with it. It has the ability to calculate Speed and Distances. This is element-resistant as well. Due to its light-weight and compactibility, this goes well in hunting, camping, hiking, etc. It also has a two-year warranty. And guess What..All these are only under $200. Truly amazing it is.
- Premium multi-layered optics
- 6x magnification
- The ability to calculate Speed and Distances
- Not useful at night
#2 – Nikon Aculon
Nikon Aculon is well-known for its affordability and quality. This best rangefinder is of two colors- Realtree and Dark Green. Its length is 3.6 inches, width 1.5 inches, height 2.9 inches. It has Multilayered Objective Lens and its compact size is perfect for traveling. This is one of the lightest one with 4.4 oz. It’s magnification level is 6X. This is perfect for everyday hunters. The eye relief of this rangefinder is 16.7. Its water-resistant body makes it more durable and long-lasting. This rangefinder is more decent with the beginners but not perfect for professionals.
It is operated by one-button functionality that makes it more convenient and easy to use. The Nikon Aculon isn’t much popular with professional shooters due to insufficient light supply and this is the only probable weak point of this stuff.
- Multilayered Objective Lens
- Water-resistant body
- One-button functionality
- Perfect for traveling
- Not very durable
- Isn’t much popular to professionals
#3 – Vortex Ranger 1800
Vortex Ranger is an excellent member of Vortex Optics. Its reflective range is up to 1800 yards that is pretty impressive. Its length is 3.9 inches, width 3 inches, height 7.7. It has a multi-coated lens that ensures a bright and good quality image. It has 6X magnification and an optical lens of 22mm that provide bright, clear, and colored images. This Rangefinder has an eye relief of 17mm. It has an Adjustable Brightness Setting that allows it to see at night too. The Vortex Ranger has a scan feature that helps in ranging moving targets. This is best rangefinder for rifle hunters and target shooters. With all these awesome features, you can get a Vortex Ranger 1800 only under $500. This makes Vortex Ranger more popular to professionals nowadays and more competitive in the market.
- Reflective range is up to 1800 yards
- 6X magnification
- Auto Adjustable Brightness Setting
- Three Steps target setting system
#4 – AOFAR H3
AOFAR H3 is one of the compact rangefinders available in the market. This is tiny in size but much powerful in performance. Someone may easily be fooled by its size. But you shouldn’t. It has a reflective range of up to 800 yards and 6x magnification. So hunters and even golfers definitely like this mini-bomb. This is completely water-resistant, dust-resistant, and shock-resistant. When you buy this, you will get a carrying pouch, strap, cleaning cloth, Panasonic CR2 battery,a two-year VIP warranty, carabiner, user manual along with the rangefinder. And believe it or not, all of these are only under $200.
- Tiny in size
- Reflective range of up to 800 yards and 6x magnification
- water-resistant, dust-resistant, and shock-resistant
- Need to compromise with features over prices
#5 – Leica CRF 1000R
Leica CRF 1000R is one of the successful products of Leica, a renowned rangefinder manufacturer. Leica CRF 1000R is popular for its tiny size with all the features an advanced rangefinder can have. Its size doesn’t define its ability at all. It has a magnification of 7X which is normally more than a regular rangefinder and objective lens diameter is 24 mm. Its reflective range is up to 1000 yards which are perfect for hunting. As we said this is tiny in size, it is obvious it will be light-weight. So another positive feature is after you. The only disadvantage of this is the CR2 battery which is not accessible easily. This is quite expensive too. Another amazing part of this rangefinder is that it offers the new version at the same prices. So you will get extra features at the same expense.
- Tiny in size
- 7X magnification
- Reflective range is up to 1000 yards
- CR2 battery
- Quite expensive
Vortex is well-known in the optics world with their amazing products. Vortex Impact isn’t different. This is simple but very much effective in hunting. The user will be controlling it because it has only two buttons to control on the top of the rangefinder.It has a magnification of 6X and the objective lens diameter is 22 mm. You have nothing to worry about damaging it by falling. Its reflective range is around 850 yards. This is one of the budget-friendly equipment in the market with a life-time warranty. This is water-resistant so rough use is possible. It uses a non-illuminated screen that is a disadvantage of this product. Overall, this is a middle-performing gadget in the market.
- Magnification of 6X
- Rubber coated casing
- Water-resistant and compact
- Uses of non-illuminated screens.
2400 BDX is one of the best rangefinder in the market. It uses BDX Technology. It has a milling grid circle reticle and CR2 battery. Its length is 110mm, width 33mm, height 76mm. This is much lighter than many rangefinders, probably 7.5 oz. It provides 4 range updates option in scan mode . Its reflective range is almost 2000 yards. This rangefinder automatically adjusts brightness in changing light conditions with HyperScan Technology. The field of view of this rangefinder is 6.78 degrees. This is the best rangefinder for the people with glasses because it has an eye relief of 15mm. You will enjoy a lifetime warranty with this product. This rangefinder is quite expensive to buy but fully worth its features. So, if you don’t have budget issues, just take this piece. You won’t regret.
- Sig Sauer BDX app
- 4 range updates/second
- Reflective range is up to 2000 yards
- Milling grid circle reticle
- Much expensive
- Is not suitable for short-range shooting.
#8 – Leopold RX 1600i
Leopold RX 1600i is one of the best rangefinder available in the market right now. It has all the advanced technology a hunter may need while hunting. It has the ability of angle compensated readings. Its rubber-coated grip reduces the chances of slippage. It has a magnification of 6X and has 3 reticle options- Plus-point, Duplex, and Duplex with Plus-Point. This rangefinder is 100% element proof. The red LED of this will help you to get crystal clear images which are a big improvement in this product. Along with various functionalities, there are also some difficulties in maintaining these vast functionalities. And You have to budget a handsome amount to purchase it.
- Reflective range is 1600 yards
- Ability of angle compensated readings
- Rubber-coated grip
- 100% waterproof
- Ambiguous functionalities
- Much expensive
#9 – Halo Optics XL 600
Halo Optics XL 600 is not the best rangefinder in the market. But if you compare its price with its functionalities, you will be surprised. You can get a Halo Optics XL 600 under $200. With this rate, the rangefinder will work amazingly up to 600 yards. It also has 6x magnification that provides a good field of view. It can determine the real horizontal distance from your target. This is water-resistant also. You needn’t do any digital extension. Even you will get only a one-year warranty. But at this price, this is the best in the market.
- Most budget-friendly
- Good FOV
- Determination of real horizontal distance
- Only a one-year warranty
- Need to compromise functions with a price
#10 – Simmons 801600 Volt
Simmons always comes in light with amazing products. Simmons 801600 Vol is another achievement of theirs. It has all the latest features to compete with any best rangefinders in the market. It has 4X magnification that provides an amazing field of view to see a wide area with a 20mm objective lens. This has one button to control. So hunters won’t face difficulty controlling it with their index finger. This is completely water-resistant and has rubber made grip to protect it from serious damage. This is compact so you won’t face any difficulty to carry it while hunting. But it won’t offer much reflective range, up to 600 yards.
- 4X magnification
- Easy to use
- 20mm objective lens
- Reflective range of 600 only
Bushnell G-Force DX ARC is one of the best rangefinder where the latest technology is combined with existing features. It is full of quality features. This is perfect for Rifle hunting as well as Bowhunting. This model uses modern Display Technology. It has 6X magnification that provides an amazing field of view to see a wide area with a 21mm objective lens. It has three modes-rifle, bow, and regular. It’s reflective range is almost 900 yards. Its casing is metal-made and water-resistant.
- Full of quality features
- Uses Vivid Display Technology
- 6X magnification
- Rubber coating Grip
- Difficult to switch among three modes
- Heavy due to the metal body
Bushnell Bone Collector is the simplest version of the finest rangefinder. With its light-weight of 10 ounces, this is a favorite of hunters. It has an LCD display where you will get a range of data instances. It’s reflective range is almost 600 yards. It has auto power-saving mode and high-quality optics. This one has limited features but all of the features are genuine. This is also element resistant. But it can’t calculate slope differences and it is hard to swap the battery of it.
- LCD display
- Simple but genuine
- One-button operation
- Auto power-saving mode
- Hard to swap the battery
To make a healthy purchasing decision, you need to know all aspects regarding that particular product that needs to be considered for sure. In the case of a rangefinder, you should do the same. Here some aspects regarding rangefinder have mentioned that need to be considered before purchasing one.
- Range: The first thing you should check out is the range limit of the rangefinder. When you are hunting in a forest, you can’t see far away with bare eyes. So, to see the target clearly, a rangefinder with a good range is important to have. A perfect rangefinder should have a range of at least 600 yards. Lower range than this can hamper in focusing on the target. So pick a rangefinder that is higher in price.
- Design: While choosing, you must take care of the physical design of the rangefinder. If you are a regular hunter, you may have to go to long-distance and odd places. This may cause the fall of your rangefinder or some other equipment. If the rangefinder has a strong and durable physical structure is needed. The casing of the rangefinder can be of iron or rubber that will protect your item from being damaged.
- Size: The size of the rangefinder greatly matters. If you are going for a long-distance hunting location, I’m sure you would like to carry a light-weight rangefinder instead of a heavier one. So, think before you purchase and pick one with which you are comfortable to carry.
- Features: You should also find some features in your chosen rangefinder when you will go to the shop. The rangefinder should have some distinct features including Color LCD, Multi-Layer-Optics, Water-Resistant, Dust-Resistant, Lens Quality, etc. All of these features can be found in the best rangefinders. So, be careful about it.
- Ease of use: The rangefinder you will pick should be simple and easy to use. Sometimes, more functionalities may create problems in focusing and taking measurement fast which is totally unnecessary. So pick one with limited but usable functionalities that will actually work for you and don’t compromise with the ease of use.
- Need and Budget: Well, the most important part is here. Before going to any shop, make a list of all the requirements you have regarding the rangefinder. You also need to think about the amount you are going to spend. If you have a budget to buy a rangefinder, you should search only your budget-friendly collection and match them with your requirement to get a convenient one.
- Magnification: You should also be aware of the magnification your chosen rangefinder will offer. Normally the rangefinder offers magnification ranges from 4X to 8X. But in choosing magnification, you need to remember that higher magnification will reduce the field of view and may create problems in seeing a wide area. So research properly and decide wisely.
There are tons of rangefinder in the market. So this is very easy for you to find one. But It might be difficult to pick the suitable one for you. So think before you spend. You can also follow other people’s reviews who actually work with these products and express genuine experiences. We are not different from them. You can get to know about the best rangefinders of the market from the proper guideline we provide here. Explore it, get the best one and Be happy.
Find out our other optical gear reviews:
- Best compact binoculars 2020 – Reviews of Top Picks & Buyer’s Guide
- Top 12 Best Hunting Binoculars Reviews 2020
- Best Rifle Scopes 2020 – Ultimate Reviews & Buying Guide