- 1 Best Tactical Vests 2020 – Detailed Reviews
- 1.1 #1 – UTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest
- 1.2 #2- YAKEDA Tactical Vest
- 1.3 #3 – GZ XINXING Tactical Vest
- 1.4 #4 – Barbarians Tactical Vest
- 1.5 #5 – BA8029 Amran Tactical Semi Modular Vest
- 1.6 #6 – REEHUT Breathable Tactical Vest
- 1.7 #7 – GFIRE Tactical Vest
- 1.8 #8 – BARSKA Tactical Vest
- 1.9 #9 – Condor Recon Chest Rig
- 1.10 #10 – vAv YAKEDA Tactical Vest for Men
- 2 Best tactical vest 2020 – Buying Guide
- 3 CONCLUSION
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Tactical vests are one of the most common tactical gears used by a wide variety of users like shooters, hunters, military personnel and much more. They are a great alternative to store loads of stuff like small weapons, phone, cleaning tools and much more. Best Tactical vests provide great utility as they also keep you protected and warm apart from providing storage space. Tactical vests come in great variety of sizes, price points, quality and provide different orientation and number of pockets and pouches.
As there are so many manufacturers offering tactical vests, it can be a tiring job to choose the most suitable tactical vest. The following list of best tactical vests will save your time and energy in finding one from the market. If you’re interested in understanding the different aspects of a tactical vest and know what to look for in a tactical vest, check out our buying guide mentioned after the following list.
Best Tactical Vests 2020 – Detailed Reviews
If you are serious about buying a best tactical vest, pick the right choice from our list of top 10 best tactical vests below.
This tactical vest is especially made for law enforcement officers as it contains 4 adjustable rifle magazine pouches, 2 internal map pouches and heavy duty back loop system which makes it easy to carry heavy gears and firearms. The layout of this tactical vest is part customizable and part fixed which allows you to have the benefit of both where the fixed part contains 3 double magazine pouches. Talking about the pockets and pouches, apart from 3 double mag pouches you get a cross draw holster on the left side of the vest above which there are 3 pistol pouches. Moreover, a belt is attached that acts as a heavy-duty handgun belt which contains 2.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: This value for money UTG tactical vest is an excellent alternative for entry level professionals. It provides enough space, comfort and is lightweight to wear. The only drawback is that you don’t get to customize it much but still it is great for the price you’re paying.
YAKEDA tactical vest is the best-selling vest on amazon having a wide variety of features and benefits. The high-quality construction of 600D polyester material with customizable design where you can add or remove pouches however you wish. There is a hydration compartment, mag pouches, handgun or revolver pouches internal zipper pouches along with detachable pouches and draw holster and detachable heavy-duty belt on the front panel. The comfortable and high-quality material of this tactical vest is suitable for tactical activities like mountaineering, hunting, hiking, and law enforcement activities.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: If you are looking for a high-quality, durable tactical vest then this is the right choice for you. Moreover, it is highly suitable for wide variety of tactical activities as it provides a customizable storage space.
GZ XINXING tactical vest is a highly versatile vest that offers a customizable layout with removable pouches and magazines. Coming to front panel of the vest, it contains 3 rifle mag/flashlight pouches, 1 phone pouch, 3 removable pouches, 1 cross-draw pistol holster, heavy-duty adjustable belt with 2 mag pouches. Moreover, at the back side of this vest it contains one hydration bag, 2 internal zipper document pouches, and many more storage pouches.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: This GZ XINXING tactical vest is the best affordable option out their in the market. It offers all the essential and high-end features including customizable pouches, plenty of storage space and high level of comfort and durability.
Barbarians tactical vest is another budget-friendly alternative available in the market. The front panel of the vest features 3 magazine pouches for rifles, 3 small pouches, one phone pouch, one flashlight pouch and many more pockets. The back panel of the vest consists of one hydration bag, 2 D-rings, 2 document pouches, Molle webbing and many more adjustable features.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: If you are looking for an affordable yet spacious tactical vest which is versatile in nature then this would be a great option. Although the quality of the pouches isn’t top-notch, it is still great for the price you’re paying.
BA8029 tactical vest by Marom dolphin offers a great deal of storage space. Talking about the front panel, it contains 2 fixed mag pouches, one small medical pouch, hand grenade pouch, and a flash bang pouch. Moreover, the back panel features a drag strap along with webbings on each side of the panel. To conclude, this tactical vest is a comfortable and lightweight to wear along with high-durability and good quality construction.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: Though this tactical vest doesn’t have many user reviews, it is an excellent tactical vest providing as many pouches as you might require during your shooting or hunting trips in a slightly expensive price tag.
REEHUT breathable tactical vest is another budget-friendly alternative available in the market. Although the design of this vest doesn’t seem very authentic, it does offer features like plentiful of pockets and pouches along with a breathable and comfortable 600D oxford fabric construction. It is a pretty versatile alternative as you can use for wide variety of tactical activities like hunting, mountaineering, combat training, hiking, camping and many more such activities.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: This is a great alternative available, If you are looking for a high-quality construction with practical design that is affordable, versatile and comfortable to wear. Although the design of the vest isn’t very authentic, it does serve the purpose satisfactorily.
#7 – GFIRE Tactical Vest
GFIRE tactical vest is a breathable and lightweight tactical vest that offers a simplistic design. It includes an adjustable shoulder strap, heavy-duty, hook and loop webbing. The front panel of the vest comprises of a map pocket with a snap, hook and loop closure along with an adjustable belt. This tactical vest is available in an adjustable size that can be modified from a medium size to an extra-large size as per your requirement.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: If you’re not into heavy-duty tactical activities like law enforcement or military, then this tactical vest is very much likely to meet your needs. It is very comfortable to wear with a lightweight and breathable material construction.
#8 – BARSKA Tactical Vest
BARSKA tactical vest is a high-quality tactical vest that comprises of plentiful pockets including four magazine pouches, two internal pockets that can act as hydration packs and an adjustable belt for a comfortable fit. The back panel of the vest contains mesh webbing for adequate ventilation. Although the vest offers all the essential features and high-end features, it is not very suitable for large build people as the size usually runs small than mentioned.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: If you’re someone with a small build, then this BARSKA tactical vest is a great alternative for a tactical vest. You can use this vest in a wide variety of situations like, hunting, camping, hiking and many more tactical activities.
Condor Recon Chest Rig is an extremely affordable tactical vest that offers high-quality construction along with a breathable and confortable fit. This modular design tactical vest offers two mesh pockets for maps and padded H-harness for better utility. Although the vest is great in quality and design, it doesn’t offer any storage space in the real terms. So this won’t be a suitable option for you if like carrying a whole lot of tools and accessories in your tactical vest.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: If you are someone who doesn’t like bulky tactical vests with so many pockets and pouches, then this tactical vest can be a great alternative. The budget-friendly price along with high-quality construction is what makes it a favorable option.
YAKEDA is a household name in the shooting industry as it manufactures a wide range of shooting tools and accessories. This YAKEDA tactical vest is another spacious tactical vest available in the market. It is a highly versatile, comfortable tactical vest in a budget-friendly price. This tactical vest offers storage in the front panel only which offers a much breathable space at the back. Coming to the number of storage pockets and pouches, it contains 4 removable magazine pouches which can carry up to 9 magazines along with dump pouch, tactical double mag pouch, and Molle pouch.
WHY IT IS SUGGESTED: This high-quality YAKEDA tactical vest is an excellent choice for small built professionals. It offers sufficient storage space along with a breathable and a comfortable fit. Moreover, it is highly versatile and you can use it during a variety of weather conditions.
Best tactical vest 2020 – Buying Guide
As tactical vests come in different sizes, shapes, and price points, it can be a daunting task to choose the most suitable one for yourself. The following buying guide will help you to understand different aspects of a tactical vest and choose one with ease.
Types of tactical vests
Before choosing the best tactical vest from the available ones in the market, I suggest you to know the two major types of tactical vests available in the market.
- Fixed layout
Fixed layout tactical vests are vests with structured pockets and shape. They are designed for a particular rifleman with specific fitting and size. There are many advantages of using fixed layout vest like they prove to be a better fit, a value for money deal and spacious pouches and pockets.
- Customizable layout
Customizable layout tactical vests are the much more favorable option for users as it gives the ultimate control to them. They can choose the number and orientations of pockets however they want. This is a great option for left-handed shooters because fixed layout vests are generally made for right-handed shooters.
Things to look for in a tactical vest
- Comfort: Comfort is the foremost thing to look for in any tactical apparel as you may need to wear it for longer durations. It should be pretty easy to put on and take off whenever required. Additionally, the comfort of a tactical vest depends on its suitability in multiple weather conditions so that it keeps you somewhat warm in winter and airy in summers. Although it is unrealistic to expect a tactical vest to perform exceptionally in each weather conditions but you can check whether it will work properly as per your needs or not. Also make sure that your tactical vest has a snug fitting.
- Looks: Although you are not going to walk on ramp wearing a tactical vest, you do need your vest to look stylish and appropriate. The SWAT team members would want a basic black vest with adequate features; a professional hunter might look for a vest in a tan or a camo color option. Whereas a military professional might need a vest as per their respective mission.
- Weight: A tactical vest needs to make your feel comfortable, which requires it to be lightweight and the weight should be distributed as such that you get all the comfort and freedom to move around and perform your task effectively. A very heavy tactical vest might bog you down and make you feel really uncomfortable to move at all.
- Pockets and pouches: This feature of a tactical vest might be the most function factor. Only you know about the accurate pockets and pouches requirements you have. It depends on where you wear your vest, what task you perform and what tools and firearms you need to carry with you.
- Weapon choice: The type of weapons you want to carry on your shooting trip determines the space you’ll require. A shotgun is generally kept in bandoleers and AR 15 is stored in magazines. Some air rifles are bigger than others and require bigger magazines than the other. If you think about getting a big-sized magazine even for a small size air rifle, it is most likely to bounce around in it causing potential damage.
- Size: The overall size of a tactical vest matters a lot while choosing one for oneself. A big-sized tactical vest might get caught in vehicles, doorways or anywhere else. Whereas a smaller tactical vest might suffocate you and make your shooting or hunting trips a nightmare especially in a humid weather condition.
- Brand value: Brand value of any tactical tool or accessory affects the buying decision of a user. A manufacturer that has a large customer base and a reputed brand value is more likely to be trustworthy among users. The quality of a product from a reputed brand is more likely to be better than the other available alternatives.
- Budget: The amount you want to spend on your tactical vest is an important consideration. A general notion is that a highly-priced tactical vest is more likely to be of better quality than an inexpensive tactical vest. But there are always exceptions in the market; brands that make high-quality products in budget-friendly prices and those are the most favored option among majority of users.
Hopefully, the above buying guide and the list of best tactical vests available in the market will make your buying process and decision a piece of cake. You should choose a tactical vest as per your requirements regarding storage, fit, comfort, modularity, material, budget range and other such considerations. The type of tactical vest you require will depend on factors like the situation in which you need to wear one like hunting, shooting, law enforcement etc., and the type of weather condition in which you’re going to use and the frequency of using it. Moreover, majority of tactical vests are a slightly premium tactical gear to own, it does complete justice with the return you get on your investment on a tactical vest. Hence, I suggest you to invest in a good-quality tactical vest as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can tactical vest provide protection from a knife?
– A simple answer to thing question would be, NO. As majority of tactical vests do not provide any protection from sharp objects like knife, or blades. They are supposedly made for storing various tools only.
- What goes in a tactical vest?
– There are many things you can carry in a tactical vest and some of them are a flashlight, phone, magazines, some keys, hydration pack and anything else you would like to carry with yourself. Just make sure you put things in their respective pouches to make an efficient usage of space.
- Is a tactical vest bulletproof?
– Some high-end tactical vest offers the feature of bulletproofing as they have a level IIIA protection along with hard armor plates for solid protection. Even though some tactical vests offer this feature, majority of them don’t so you should look for this feature accordingly.
- How to put on a tactical vest properly?
- How much should I spend on a tactical vest?